4.04.2009

INTRO

Hello Friends,

It’s been 2 ½ years since I completed the Nothing New Project, my one-year pledge to not buy anything new that I could not make or buy used. I consider that blog to be my greatest artistic achievement to date, as so many people have reported being inspired by the endeavor. I’ve thought about doing a follow-up blog ever since, but the pieces haven’t come together until now.

My life circumstances have come full circle since my last post; I’m back in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, furnishing a new apartment on a barista's budget, and learning how to live as simply as possible so that I may make a living doing the creative work that I love. I looked around and realized that I was still living the Nothing New lifestyle, so it made sense to start blogging about it again. I also find myself attached to my computer these days, so I should be able to update frequently.

The concept of this blog is very similar to the Nothing New Project, but with two amendments:

1. I am permitted to purchase well-crafted, socially-conscious, and/or educational “new” items, such as shoes, books, tools, etc. As I mentioned in the NNP’s farewell, I’m done with extremist behavior. Life is meant to be lived more organically and it is not good to withhold from the Universe. One must give to receive.

2. There is no end date. This is no longer a finite “project;” it is my lifestyle. And I am putting it on display in hopes of inspiring others to more creative, fulfilling, joyful lives themselves.

Please check back often and please spread the word about this site to others. The more the merrier.

Take care,
Elle

1 comment:

  1. You are utterly lovely, true, vast, fascinating, and free...thank you for creating this space

    wow!

    ReplyDelete