5.06.2009

USING THINGS UP

Came across a post on one of my favorite blogs, Re-Nest, about spring cleaning by means of using things up. I recently overheard some friends discussing skipping a week of grocery shopping and using up everything collecting dust in the cabinets. Brilliant.

I'm also reminded of a story I once heard about a girl, let's call her Betty. Betty was moving to the big city and knew that she would not be able to buy new clothes often because the big city is freakin' expensive. So Betty, being such a clever girl, divided her wardrobe into 3 mini-wardrobes. She took one of the mini-wardrobes with her when she moved to the city and when she got to that point where she felt like she had "nothing to wear," she had her mom ship her another wardrobe. Free new clothes! And Betty and her 3 mini-wardrobes lived happily ever after. (Until she got sick of the city and moved back to the Midwest).

2 comments:

  1. Are you "Betty"? :) I've never heard that story, but that's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not Betty, she and I just happen to be similar in that we're both thrifty and we both left the city to return to the Midwest. It's one of those stories I heard about a friend of a friend of a friend.

    ReplyDelete