2.10.2011

'Nothing New' Revisited

After some unexpected, costly care repairs, I've been reexamining my finances. I want to pay off my credit card debt and establish a savings fund so that when emergencies arise (such as costly car repairs) I can pay for them with cash and not my credit card. To help me achieve this goal, I'm going back to my 'nothing new' ways with a new creative challenge:

Starting today, February 10, 2011, I will not purchase any art materials or tools, new or used, until my credit card debt is completely paid off.

I have three desired outcomes in mind for this challenge. First, I should be able to pay down the debt faster by diverting art funds to my debt. Second, I'll be using up all these miscellaneous materials I have laying around instead of accumulating more. Third, I will be forcing myself to discover some creative design solutions that I otherwise would not have considered. Creativity arises out of limitation, so here we go!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. Debt free is the way to be. It's amazing how easy your finances can come together when you're paying ahead and not paying behind. And just like you said, a minimalist approach can open up so many doors that typically are overlooked Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete